Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Magical Moment...

Rain and hail pour down from the sky, falling with pent up fury. The windows are open and a fresh breeze swiftly winds throughout the house. Noises float in from outside…joyful laughter and happy voices are carried on the breeze. A strong aroma fills the kitchen, captivating my senses. Music bursts forth from the speakers, bringing with it life and energy. Amidst all this I stop and listen…listen to the lyrics of the song playing…

“Joy, joy, unending joy…”

My senses are working furiously to take in all that’s happening. I close my eyes and listen. This moment settles on me, and it’s magical. Everything is light and free. There’s no pain in the air, and no sorrow that haunts the dark corners. Conflict is only a distant memory, and burdens are lifted far, far away. Worries have been dispelled, and duties are accomplished. All that remains is joy…pure joy. Again the music floats into my ears...

"Always, joy will remain..."

The Lord is good. He gives these short glimpses of purity and goodness to me for my own, to take and enjoy, and praise Him for them. My heart is lightened like never before, and a smile bursts across my face. I laugh…laugh just because. The joy of the Lord is ever so freeing, and my chains are gone. My heart sings to the point of bursting, praising my Maker with all that is within me. I have much to be joyful for, and this moment is mine. Mine to take, keep, and relish. 


4 comments:

  1. Wow. You are a beautiful writer. Had me captivated the whole way through.... LOVE. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! That really means something coming from someone who is actually a writer!:) It feels so limp compared to what it really was though...one of those moments that I wish I could express in it's full vividness, color, and beauty. I love those life moments, but words are so inadequate for them!! It's like trying to describe a dream to someone else...it just feels so hollow, but to you it's full of reality and emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you. Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you for a blog award! Go check it out!!!! :D :D Love you! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete