Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Fulfillment

When will I learn? My identity is not found in this world. It won't come through people, or what they think, or whether or not they like me. I vainly search and hunger after this empty and temporary fulfillment, and find myself desperately empty again and again. I crave it, with a desperation that's consuming. Even if I obtained it all, I would still be empty. I would still be left in blackness, blindly trying to see who I am and what I was made for. Nothing here can give me my purpose, or make me feel whole.

Stop looking for it! Stop giving your energy away into emptiness, with no return. Stop searching everywhere but where you know you can find it! You are found in Him, and Him alone. Not a single person here can tell you who you are. Not a sibling, not a best friend, not a young man, not a husband...no one. None of them can fill the void that only He can. So look to Him. Only will you find yourself if you no long have a “self”. You must not be, and He must be. Then, and only then, will you find fulfillment. Then will this unquenchable hunger be satiated, and then will you no longer look to things of this world.

Oh, when will I learn? Must I fall again and again, over and over and over again, doing the same thing? Will I always find myself looking in the wrong place, and always have to come back to the feet of my Savior? Yes. In my helplessness He is glorified. If I could always do it right what need would I have for Him? I must continually be broken for Him to heal me.

1 comment: